Cat Care Guide
Although they are notoriously independent, kittens and cats rely on their owners just as much as any other pet. Our Blog – Paws For Thought – is regularly updated with information relevant to pet parents.
Before bringing your kitten or cat home, here’s a quick list (not exhaustive) of what you will need:
- A comfortable bed
- Food bowl and water bowl
- Food: our Grain Free Adult Cat Mousse is 100% natural with added Taurine for healthy heart function and vision. Unfortunately, we do not currently have food suitable for kittens
- Scratching post: scratching is a natural behaviour that should not be discouraged. But you should encourage them to use a post instead of your furniture!
- Litter tray & litter: uncovered and away from their food and water
- Brush for grooming
- Toys for boredom busting and mental stimulation
- Cat carrier: ventilated and sturdy for trips to the vet, but also their first trip home!
You will also need to make an appointment with your vet to take care of their vaccinations, microchipping, and neutering. You may also want to consider taking out pet insurance, which can help protect you against any unexpected veterinary bills (hopefully you won’t need to use it!).
Feeding your Cat
A healthy, average, adult cat should be consuming 3 x 85g meals per day. You can use our interactive Feeding Guide which takes into consideration factors such as age and activity level.